The BoardResult.in is a one-stop solution to get CBSE Board Exam Result Updates. You will find here CBSE Board Class 10th Result, CBSE Board Sarkari Result, CBSE Board Class 12th Result, CBSE Board Supplementary Exam Result, etc.
CBSE Board Result
The Central Board of Secondary Education, also known as CBSE, is an educational board in India that conducts examinations for students. CBSE is an Indian national-level education board for private and public schools, operated and regulated by the Indian Union Government. It was established in 1929 by a resolution of the government. Every year, CBSE conducts the Board examination for class 10th and 12th board.
In this article, we will understand the CBSE Board Results for classes 10th and 12th.
What is CBSE?
CBSE stands for the Central Board of Secondary Education. It is a national-level educational board in India that manages and organizes various school examinations. CBSE provides a common standard of education across the country, making sure that students receive a consistent and high-quality education.
CBSE conducts exams for students from Class 1 to Class 12. The Class 10 and Class 12 board exams are especially important, as they play an important role in a student's academic journey.
CBSE Class 10 Board Exam
The Board usually conducts the CBSE board exams between February and April. The exam is conducted in pen and paper mode, and the board typically conducts the practical or internal exam in the months of November and December.
Different ways to check CBSE Results
A student can check their CBSE board result in different ways. Further details are as follows:
- Collect mark sheet from school
- Online through the official website
- UMANG App
How to Check CBSE Class 10th Result Online
Here's how to check your Class 10 result on the official website by following the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the official website - cbseresults.nic.in.
- Click on the link that says, "Class 10 result" on the homepage.
- Log in by entering your details like Roll Number, School Number, Admit Card ID and Date of birth.
- Your result will appear on the screen.
- Don't forget to download and save the result for later use.
Other ways of Checking CBSE 10th Result
To make it easy for students, CBSE provides several ways to check your Class 10 results. Here are some convenient methods:
How to Check CBSE Class 10th Result via SMS
- You can check your CBSE 10th result by sending an SMS from your registered mobile number to 7738299899 in the following format:
- Type "CBSE10, Roll No., DOB, school number, center number" and send it.
How to Check CBSE Class 10th Result using DigiLocker
- CBSE also offers digital mark sheets for Class 10 through the DigiLocker App or website (digilocker.gov.in).
- You can download your mark sheet by logging into the DigiLocker website or mobile app.
- The login credentials for DigiLocker will be sent to your phone via SMS.
- Once logged in, you can access your CBSE Board 10th result online.
How to Obtain Your DigiLocker PIN
- To access your mark sheet from DigiLocker, visit cbseservices.digilocker.gov.in/activatecbse for the account confirmation process.
- Select your class (either class 10 or 12) and enter your school code and roll number.
- You'll need to get a six-digit security PIN from your school to complete the process. Schools provide this PIN to ensure the security of your data.
- If you haven't received the PIN, please reach out to your school. It will be a numeric value (e.g., 012345).
How Schools Can Get DigiLocker PIN
- Schools can obtain the DigiLocker PIN as well. Here's how:
- Visit cbse.digitallocker.gov.in
- Log in using LOC credentials and choose 'Login as School.'
- Click on 'download PIN file.'
- Select the class.
- After downloading the PIN, schools can share it individually with the students for added security.
IVRS or Call Method
- CBSE has introduced the Interactive Voice Response System (IVRS) to allow students to receive their Class 10 results via a call.
- Dial the number 24300699 and remember to add the area code before calling.
CBSE Class 12 Board Exam
Class 12 students have the option to choose from a wide range of subjects, including Science, Commerce, and Arts. They can specialize in the subjects they are most interested in.
How to Check CBSE 12th Result Online?
- You can check your CBSE Class 12 Result on the official CBSE websites - results.cbse.nic.in or www.cbse.gov.in.
- On the CBSE Result Class 12 login page, you will see a space to enter your CBSE roll number and school number.
- After entering your details, click on the 'Submit' button.
- Your Class 12 result will be displayed on the screen.
- You can download and take a clear print of your CBSE Class 12 Result for your records.
How to Check CBSE Class 12th Result through IVRS
When the results are out, you can also check your Class 12 Result through the Interactive Voice Response System (IVRS). Simply dial 24300699, and make sure to include the area code before the number. Please note that there might be a charge of 30 paise/minute for using this service.
How to Check CBSE Class 12 Result through SMS
Another way to get your CBSE Class 12 Result is by sending an SMS from your registered mobile number. Follow this format for the SMS: "cbse12 (roll number) (date of birth) (school number) (Centre number)" to the number 7738299899. The date of birth format should be DDMMYYYY. You'll receive an SMS with a subject-wise list of your marks.
CBSE Class 12th Exam Digital Mark sheet through DigiLocker
Students can also download their CBSE Class 12 Results in the form of digital mark sheets through DigiLocker. You'll receive your DigiLocker account details via SMS on your registered mobile number with CBSE.
Follow these steps to get your Result of 12th Class CBSE:
- Log in using your Username and Password in the DigiLocker app.
- Go to 'Profile' and sync your Aadhaar number if you haven't already done so during sign-up.
- Click on 'Pull Partner Documents.'
- You'll see two drop-down menus on the next screen.
- From the first one, select 'Central Board of Secondary Education, Delhi.'
- From the next one, select 'Mark sheet (HSC/SSC)', 'Migration certificate', or 'Passing certificate', depending on what you need.
- Enter the required details, such as the year of passing and roll number.
- Your Mark sheet/Certificate for CBSE Class 12 Result will be downloaded. You can save the document in your DigiLocker account by clicking on the 'Save to locker' button.
Details on Your CBSE 10th and 12th Result
Once you access your CBSE Class 10th Result, you'll find the following details on your mark sheet. It's important to check these details, and if you notice any mistakes, inform the relevant authorities.
- Name of the examination
- Board name
- Your class
- Your name
- Roll number
- Mother’s name
- Father’s name
- Date of birth
- Subject names
- Subject codes
- Theory marks
- Practical marks
- Total marks
- Positional grade
- Final result (Pass/Not Pass)
CBSE Class 10th and 12th Grading System
In the CBSE Board grading system, students receive grades from A1 to E. A1 is the highest grade point, and E is the lowest. If a student gets an E grade, it means they didn't pass the CBSE Class 12 exams. Look at the table below to understand the CBSE Class 12 Grading System:
|Grades||Grades Points||Proportion of Students|
|A-1||10||Top 1/8th of the passed candidates|
|A-2||9||Next 1/8th of the passed candidates|
|B-1||8||Next 1/8th of the passed candidates|
|B-2||7||Next 1/8th of the passed candidates|
|C-1||6||Next 1/8th of the passed candidates|
|C-2||5||Next 1/8th of the passed candidates|
|D-1||4||Next 1/8th of the passed candidates|
|D-2||C||Next 1/8th of the passed candidates|