The Central Board of Secondary Education, also known as CBSE, is a national-level board of education that governs and regulates both public and private schools across the country. It was established in 1929 through a government resolution. Today, CBSE is known for its quality education, with more than 27,000 schools in India and 240 schools in 28 foreign countries affiliated to the board.
In a student's life, the 12th exam and results are critical as they play a major role in shaping their career. These exams are not just tests; they are stepping stones towards a bright future. In this article, we will understand that how to download the CBSE Class 12th result.
CBSE Class 12th Grading System
In CBSE Class 12, students encounter a grading system that ranges from A1 to E, with A1 being the highest and E the lowest. Your grade is a reflection of your performance in the examination. While A1 and A2 represent excellent and excellent performance, grades like B1, B2, C1, and C2 signify good to acceptable performance. Further details related to the grading system are provided below:
|Grades||Grades Points||Proportion of Students|
|A-1||10||Top 1/8th of the passed candidates|
|A-2||9||Next 1/8th of the passed candidates|
|B-1||8||Next 1/8th of the passed candidates|
|B-2||7||Next 1/8th of the passed candidates|
|C-1||6||Next 1/8th of the passed candidates|
|C-2||5||Next 1/8th of the passed candidates|
|D-1||4||Next 1/8th of the passed candidates|
|D-2||C||Next 1/8th of the passed candidates|
How to Check CBSE Class 12 Result
After completing the exam, CBSE releases the board results on its official website, cbse.gov.in. Those who want to check their 12th board result can follow the steps mentioned below:
Online Through the Official Website
A student can check their board result through the official website of CBSE. Apart from that, there are several other methods that are also discussed below. First, let's understand the steps to check the CBSE board result online. To download the board result online, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official CBSE result website, which is results.cbse.nic.in or www.cbse.gov.in.
- Click on the link that is related to the CBSE class 12th result.
- On the CBSE Class 12 result login page, you'll need to enter your CBSE roll number and password.
- After providing these details, click 'Submit,' and your Class 12 result will appear on the screen.
- Don't forget to download and print your results for your reference.
How to Check CBSE Class 12th Result through IVRS
The Interactive Voice Response System (IVRS) provides another way to check your Class 12 result. Simply dial 24300699, remembering to include the area code before the number. Please note that there may be a charge of 30 paise per minute for using this service.
How to Check CBSE Class 12 Result through SMS:
You can also receive your Class 12 result via SMS by sending a message from your registered mobile number. Follow this format for the SMS: "cbse12 (roll number) (date of birth) (school number) (Centre number)" to the number 7738299899. The date of birth format should be DDMMYYYY. You'll receive an SMS with a subject-wise list of your marks.
CBSE Class 12th Exam Digital Mark sheet through DigiLocker
Digital mark sheets for your CBSE Class 12 results are available through DigiLocker, an app and website designed for this purpose. You'll receive your DigiLocker account details via SMS on your registered mobile number with CBSE. To access your digital mark sheet, follow these steps:
- Log in using your Username and Password in the DigiLocker app.
- Go to 'Profile' and sync your Aadhaar number if you haven't already done so during sign-up.
- Click on 'Pull Partner Documents.'
- You'll see two drop-down menus on the next screen.
- From the first one, select 'Central Board of Secondary Education, Delhi.'
- From the next one, select 'Mark sheet (HSC/SSC)'.
- Enter the required details, such as the year of passing and roll number.
Your Mark sheet for CBSE Class 12 Result will be downloaded, and you can save it in your DigiLocker account by clicking on the 'Save to locker' button.